Experiment: Lunch Box

Sooo…I have a personal issue that needs to be dealt with.  Lunch.  My addiction centers around The Plaza Deli, a great, straight-forward little place tucked into an office building near mine.  For standard deli fare it’s consistently well done, probably thanks to the attention to detail of the owner, Tony, who can be a bit of a sandwich nazi.  Anyway, this place gets a call or a visit from me just about every day.  They even have my credit card on file.  A normal order is a kind of breakfast/lunch combo, usually toast or an English muffin with peanut butter and jelly, a cup of cottage cheese, a fruit or green salad and possibly their soup of the day if it strikes me.  And, oh, of course I have to get a drink, either a fresh iced tea or a sparkling water.  All of this gets expensive with bills ranging from $8 to $15 every day.  A quick check of my online bank statement from last week tells me that I spent $54.53 just on lunch.  That’s crazy.  So I’m going to do my best to save some money (and probably some calories) by planning a week’s worth of lunches today and portioning them out in containers and baggies. It’s not a revolutionary idea or anything, but I want to see if it will work for me.  I’ll report back next week with how much I spent on groceries, if I slipped up and all the accessories I felt obligated to buy.
For example, who knew there were such tolerable lunch totes out there?

Comments

Popular Posts