One Nation Under Gaudiness

I've been sick as a dog for the past few days and have spent an embarrassing amount of time channel-surfing. Apparently there are allllll sorts of crazy digital cable channels I didn't even know I had, like Fear Net which is all horror movies, all the time. Awesome. While wrapped up in a Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman marathon (don't judge me) I kept seeing infomercials for a piece of "art" called 'One Nation Under God.' At first I thought it was a joke, but sadly it is not. I'm not going to post a picture of it because this guy seems a little off his rocker, but you can check it out here:


The painting, itself, is as pedestrian as it gets, but I love the artist's response to criticisms. He seems awfully bitter and maybe not thick-skinned enough to be hawking his art on television

For example (and this isn't even the best of it:)

"Great art causes one to feel. To feel deeply. I knew this painting would evoke emotion on both sides. (...) I don't care if the composition is outdated or whether some other artist may have painted their composition better than me."

Well aren't we defensive? Great art? I scoff, sir. Great art isn't set up by, "But wait...THERE'S MORE!" Great art isn't $19.95 plus shipping and handling. Try again. 

I'm not even going to get into the fact that Satan is over there hanging out with the liberals.  That's obviously true.

Comments

Popular Posts